The world renowned 569-seat Strings Music Pavilion in Steamboat Springs is one of the best places to see classical music concerts in Colorado. Classical concerts are offered Wednesday and Saturday evenings from June through August. Strings also offers a spectacular line up of non-classical music in the summer and winter months and a Youth and Family concert series in the summer.
The Strings Music Pavilion is a world-class venue. The indoor multi-use Pavilion can host up to 250 people for a seated dinner or up to 570 people at a performance.
What is included with your rental?
- Professional lighting with lighting technician
- Professional sound amplification with sound engineer
- House manager and facility staff
- Backstage access for caterer and artists
- Box office for ticketed events
- 570 chairs (customizable layout)
- Full use of on-site parking lot and Strings Park
- Post-event cleaning and waste management
Rental rates start at $6,000. Discounted rates are available for local non-profits and corporate sponsors of Strings Music Festival. The venue has limited availability during Strings Music Festival’s summer season, June through August. For more details, contact Tyler Peyman at Tyler@stringsmusicfestival.com or 970-879-5056 x107.
Directions and Parking
Strings Music Pavilion Address:
900 Strings Road
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Strings Music Pavilion is located west of downtown Steamboat Springs. Follow signs for ramp turn off to Ski Area / Mt. Werner Road. Turn right (north) onto Mt. Werner Road toward the ski mountain. Turn right on Pine Grove Road. Turn right on Strings Road.
Ride the Free Bus:
Strings Music Festival is on the Red Line and the closest stop is the Meadows Parking Lot. Visit the Steamboat Springs website for the complete bus schedule.
Parking is located in the Strings Parking lot, which can be accessed through Wildhorse Market Place on Mt. Werner Rd. Please note speed limit is 10mph.
Handicap parking can be accessed on Pine Grove Rd. To access this parking, you must arrive 20 minutes or more before the performance.
Entrance into Festival Park from Pine Grove Road, closes 20 minutes prior to concert time.
To exit, drive straight through Wildhorse Marketplace to the lights at the intersection of Mt. Werner Road and Central Park Drive. Please note, this is the only way to make a left hand turn on Mt. Werner Road.
Exit via the Wildhorse roundabout with a right turn onto Mt. Werner Road.
Drive in front of Strings Music Pavilion on Strings Road with a right turn onto Pine Grove Road.
The Strings Music Pavilion is an intimate 569 seat music venue in Steamboat Springs, CO. With a unique bow string truss roof design, the stunning architecture allows the audience to enjoy the panoramic views of the Yampa Valley through the retractable glass doors. The Strings Music Pavilion is an exceptional experience for artist and audience alike.
Sound Reinforcement System
- Three (3) full range 3-way Danley main loudspeakers in a LCR configuration (SH60 Center, SH50s Left/Right).
- Six (6) Bag End TA6000S full range 2-way front fill speakers set into the front of the stage.
- Loudspeaker management and DSP controlled by Biamp Systems AudiaFLEX-CM and loudspeaker amplification provided by Lab Gruppen class D amplifiers.
- Subwoofers: Two (2) Danley TH212 Tapped Horn subwoofers.
- Monitors: Eight (8) EAW MicroWedge MW12 full range 2-way floor monitors powered by Lab Gruppen class D amplification.
- The FOH sound/light booth is located 40’ from the front of the stage, center. The FOH Board is a Behringer X32. Monitors may be run by iPad via X32-Mix, or through an Allen & Heath GL3000. 40X8 Horizon splitter snake – 3 way. Monitor station is stage left. 92 db limit in the house.
54’ x 15’ with a thrust to 21’ in the center. The back wall is wood veneer, with a full length black curtain. No scrim.
Board is ETC Element 1024 with 2 17” LCD Monitors. Light trusses suspended from one ton pick points – no grid. Lighting appropriate for venue including:
- 36 ETC Source 4 fixtures – Lamped at 575w (14 – 50deg barrels/22 – 36deg barrels)
- 30 – ETC Source 4 Par – (XWFL Lenses installed)
- 20 – Altman PAR 64 – (WFL 1000W)
- 12 – ADJ P64B LEDPar (7 channel mode, custom diffusion optics installed)
- 2 – Clay Paky Alpha Spots 300
Retractable Da-lite 12’ X 20’ screen, mounted on upstage wall.
- Guitar amp: Fender ’65 Deluxe Reverb
- Bass amp: Fender Bassman 250 head with Hartke 410XL cabinet
- 1 – Steinway B Grand Piano
- 1 – Steinway D Concert Grand Piano
- 4 – 4’ X 8’ stage riser platforms, adjustable legs
- Communication through Motorola radios
Additional A/V equipment and backline available for rental through PSI and PRG in Denver.
Wi-Fi in building – no land lines
- Staging area – 12’ X 21’ with full size exterior loading door. Trucks must have ramps.
- Green Room I – 36’ x 18’ with exterior entrance. 2 bathrooms – no shower.
- Green Room II – 9’ X 26’ with additional stage door entrance. Bathroom in hall adjacent to room. No shower.