What does your money support?
Ticket sales only cover 33% of Strings Music Festival’s operations costs making your donation more important than ever.
In order to produce more than 85 events per year, Strings provides artists’ fees, transportation, 587 nights of lodging, and food for more than 260 musicians from all over the country reaching an audience of almost 24,000.
- $75 provides transportation for 50 students to attend free performances at the Pavilion
- $100 feeds one musician for one week
- $300 houses one musician for two nights
- $1,600 hires one orchestral musician for one performance (includes travel)
- $3,000 helps to underwrite one Youth Concert
Reaching out to the Northwest Colorado Community
Our goal is to have as many people as possible experience music in any setting.
Free & Low Cost Programming
- Strings School Days brings high caliber musicians to local schools and has expanded in 2016 to double the amount of time students work with musicians.
- Summer Youth Concerts, which has maintained a ticket price of $1 per child since 1997.
- Free Community Programs at the Yampa River Botanic Park, Bud Werner Memorial Library and Casey’s Pond.
Printable Annual Fund Donation Form
Please print the form and mail to:
Strings Music Festival
PO Box 774627
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
Planned Giving: What Will Your Legacy Be?
Planned gifts have a tremendous impact on the future of Strings Music Festival and the audiences we serve. Any option you choose creates a powerful legacy that will help preserve the future of Strings Music Festival.
Your Planned Gift Will:
- Guarantee that future generations will continue to enjoy high caliber musicians, amazing concerts and our local education and outreach programs
- Ensure the financial strength of the Festival
- Play our part as a key partner in the Yampa Valley community, connecting locals and visitors and children and adults alike to music
There are a variety of Planned Giving opportunities available to you, designed to help you meet your charitable goals and extend your generosity into the future.
- Bequests under Will or Living Trust
- Beneficiary Designations under Retirement Plan Assets [401(k), 403(b), IRA]
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Life Insurance
IRA Charitable Rollover Update
As of December 18, 2015, the IRA Charitable Rollover was passed by Congress and signed into permanent law.
IRA Rollover Rules:
• You must be 70 ½ years of age when you make your gift
• Your gift must be made directly from your IRA
• You may transfer a maximum of $100,000 from your IRA to your
• Your gift must be outright; it cannot fund life-income arrangements
• This opportunity applies to IRAs only – not other types of
• Your gift will qualify toward your required minimum distribution
• Although the charitable distribution will be free from income tax, it
• You will not be eligible to receive any goods or services in return will not generate an income tax charitable deduction for your rollover gift, in order to qualify for tax-free treatment
How to make a gift from your IRA:
• Contact your IRA administrator for their specific transmittal form
• Direct your administrator to make the transfer
• Contact Nancy Engelken, Executive Director at Strings Music Festival, to let us know that you are directing a gift to Strings (firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-5056 x 101)
Please include your phone number or email address, the name of your IRA administrator, and the amount of your gift. Thank you for your generosity and support of Strings Music Festival.