Strings aims for students to appreciate diverse cultures and develop broad worldview, moving forward with confidence as arts supporters in their secondary and post-secondary lives.
Past Artists: David Gonzalez, Paige Hernandez, Mirari Brass Quintet, Moxie Strings, Jarabe Mexicano, Ivy Street Ensemble, Todo Mundo, Wyoming Symphony Brass Quintet
Strings School Days
elementary school program
At Strings, we believe that the arts can enhance the life of every person, at every age to make the world a better place.
- Strings provides music and arts access and opportunities to students in the Yampa Valley.
- No other organization in the area can provide the programming Strings offers.
- Kids who appreciate music have a broader world view and are more well-rounded overall.
- Well-rounded students become well-rounded adults.
- Well-rounded adults are thoughtful contributors to society and make the world a better place.
Strings School Days is a unique music and arts education program provided by Strings Music Festival at no cost to schools, students, or teachers. Annually, the program serves over 3,000 K-12 students in 14 schools throughout the Yampa Valley. The program provides an opportunity for local students to watch, rehearse with, and perform alongside professional musicians. Through this program, Strings aims for students to appreciate diverse cultures, develop a broad worldview, and move forward with confidence as arts supporters in their secondary and post-secondary lives.
Elementary school students experience a live performance in a professional hall, an experience that isn’t available anywhere else in the Yampa Valley. For some, this is their first concert or theatre performance.
Students attend field trips at the Strings Pavilion to watch professional performances. Ahead of their visit, each student receives a study guide that aligns with Common Core and state standards, assists teachers in incorporating field trips into curriculum, and aides students in thinking critically about their experience.
Past performances include Todo Mundo, Jarabe Mexicano, and Mad River Theater Works
Strings School Days serves students in schools located more than 25 miles from Steamboat with an in-school concert performed by professional artists. Students receive a pre-show study guide to deepen understanding and assist teachers in incorporating performances into curriculum. This program currently serves Soroco Middle and High Schools, North Routt Community Charter School, and Hayden Secondary School.
Past performances include Mad River Theater Works, The National Players, and Mandy Harvey (America’s Got Talent finalist)
K-5 FIELD TRIPS
WHAT: Pavilion Matinees for Elementary School Students with preshow materials
STUDENT PARTICIPATION INCLUDES:
- “Musical Notes” preshow, educational study guide for each student
- 1 in-school workshop (if available)
- Field trip to the Strings Pavilion for a matinee performance
WHO: Elementary, Middle, and High Schools over 25 miles from Steamboat Springs
WHEN: Fall, Winter, and Spring
- Study guide preparation pre-show for students and teachers
- Matinee performance on-site in the school’s auditorium
2017-2018 ARTISTS: Mad River Theater Works, Jarabe Mexicano, The National Players
If you are a music teacher interested in becoming an Education Partner with Strings Music Festival, email [email protected]. We look forward to making music with you!