Keeping you safe …
* Very limited seating: socially-distanced tables with plenty of elbow room at just 9% of venue capacity.
* Pavilion upgrades and safety measures meet or exceed public health regulations:
- Upgraded air filters with maximum filtration efficiency for ventilation system
- Side doors remain partially opened to improve air circulation, as recommended by health officials
- Safe entrance and exit protocols
- Touchless faucets and paper towel dispensers installed in all restrooms
- No-contact food and beverage purchases available in advance
- Enhanced cleaning procedures before, during, and after all shows
- Updated usher training to comply with all guidelines and help patrons navigate the new temporary event procedures
- Temperature and symptom checks for all staff, artists, and volunteers working every show
- All patrons agree to abide by all current public health guidelines at that time, including staying home if showing symptoms, mask wearing, social distancing, limitations on gathering with multiple households, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions about
Strings Music Festival during the Pandemic
Have your refund policies changed?
Yes. We have launched new temporary ticketing policies that will be in effect for events for the near future. Our policies are largely the same, but for canceled or postponed shows throughout the pandemic, they now include an option to receive a credit toward future performances. Our updated temporary policies also offer patrons the opportunity to receive a credit or refund if they are unable to attend for health reasons.
Are Strings programs happening this year?
YES! We are planning concerts for all scenarios throughout the year ahead. We’ve had success creatively hosting safe events throughout the pandemic both in-person and virtually. Sign up for our emails to be first to know when we announce new programs.
Are you offering online content?
You bet! We are curating riveting performances and educational material from 34 years of Strings performers. Find a selection on our website (here). We’ll continue sharing: Sign up for our emails to receive new links once or twice a month.
For your in-person events, how will you keep people safe?
In March, 2020 at the earliest onset of the pandemic response in Steamboat Springs, we implemented new health procedures to exceed guidelines set by government agencies. For all events we host, we offer protocols that meet or exceed all requirements for the health and safety of our patrons, staff, artists, and volunteers. See top of this page for more details of our recent steps to keep our audiences, staff, volunteers, and artists safe.
When will Strings resume larger concerts again?
We are in regular contact with other organizations across our community and within our industry nationwide to make sure we are anticipating future changes and that we are ready to reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime— and throughout this pandemic— Strings will continue to follow guidelines from government agencies and our public health partners, including Routt County Public Health, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
How can I help?
Thank you for asking! Your contributions to Strings are as valuable to us now as ever. Support from people like you is helping us weather a crisis like COVID-19, continue to provide programs that bring the joys and benefits of music and the arts to our community, and plan for the future. There are many ways to support Strings right now: click here to learn more.