S T R I N G S S C H O O L D A Y S
Strings Music Festival Education Programs
Strings presents additional programs that aim to culturally enrich the music experiences of students, children, and adults in Northwestern Colorado and encourage young people to study, engage with, or participate in music.
Strings Music Festival works hard at building trust and meaningful relationships with local educators, school administrators, and music teachers. Ultimately, we hope the students of Steamboat Springs and the surrounding Yampa Valley dream of becoming professional musicians just as much as Olympic downhill skiers. We hope to foster an appreciation for all kinds of music; improve the playing levels of music students; encourage families to see the pavilion as a welcoming, education space; enrich the concert experience for adults; create windows for music to be absorbed into everyday life in the Yampa Valley.
- Annual residency over six months with middle and high school bands
- Artists visit Steamboat twice and conduct intensive in-school workshops
- Student musicians play alongside professional musicians in a community concert and peer field trip
- Pre-concert guide “Musical Notes” prepares elementary school students
- School matinee at the pavilion from a Strings Different Tempo Artist
- Special 4th grade invitation to Mozart Masters
- Special program for schools 25+ miles from Steamboat
- Pre-concert study guide prepares students for the concert
- Professional artists perform in-school concerts
- Musical Talks at the Bud Werner Memorial Library from visiting musicians
- Family events and workshops pre- and post-concert
- Open Classical Rehearsals for Families